Re: Wested Jacket question?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from h00104b6770cd.ne.mediaone.net on December 29, 1999 at 07:04:06:

In Reply to: Re: Wested Jacket question? posted by HENRY JONES,JR. on December 28, 1999 at 20:45:15:

: : I just sent for a Wested Raiders jacket. I asked the guy on the phone if I could have the jacket in the heavier leather instead of the lambskin , but in a new finish. He said that's not a problem. Does anyone know what type of leather the heavier style is and how does it feel compared to the lambskin. Also is it more durable? Thanks

: It will be regular cowhide. The real jacket was lambskin and very light weight. FYI

Actually the original jackets were lambskin but were thicker and heavier than the lambskin used now. The original tannery that made custom hides for Wested for the film jackets has since gone out of business. That said, I'm sure their was quite a lot of variation between films, since those hides were custom jobs. The Raiders jackets definitely looks to be thinner than the Crusade Jacket. I talked to Peter and he said the cowhide is similar in thickness to the leather used for film jackets, such as the one held by the Smithsonian (LC version).

Cheers,
Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: