Oh...I'm not sure what his stance is now on his assertion that he produced some hats for the movies.(nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-48.COL.cableone.net on December 29, 1999 at 11:02:40:

In Reply to: Re: The Custom Hatter posted by Steve on December 29, 1999 at 10:57:09:

: :
: : I bought a Custom Hatter fedora last year, and to me it is closer to the Raiders fedora than the HJ is. Why? Because Gary White simply copied the Raiders fedora. With this being said, I would still like a HJ. It has the right crown height and I'm a bit infatuated with the name as well, but I would never make the mistake of assuming that it was just like Indy's. Regards, Steve

: : Steve,
: : What is the crown height, ribbon width, and brim dimensions on your Gary White hat? I would really be interested in seeing pictures of it too, to put up at IndyGear.com. Does Gary White still claim to have made hats for LC or did he back down from that claim?

: : Cheers,
: : Abner

: Hi Abner. The crown height is 5 5/8 inches in the open crown state. The ribbon is 1 1/2 inches, and the brim originally was 2 7/8 inches. I had to cut it down to the dimensional size, although Gary would probaly do this for the customer. He offered two shades of brown, one was a dark brown called nutmeg, and the other was bronze. I got the bronze one because I wanted it to look a bit weathered. I would love to have it on Indy Gear, the question is how would I do this? Would I just e-mail a pic of it ? I tried to post a pic of it once here but didn't have a place to upload it to so I could provide the link. Regards, Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]