There is new footage and mssing footage...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by beowulf from FPARK-244-201.usae.bah.com on December 30, 1999 at 12:24:07:

In Reply to: What's up with the Cut Scenes from YIJC posted by Johnny on December 30, 1999 at 12:00:05:

: Hey...I was wondering if anyone can help me out.
: I was about 12 when the YIJC came out on TV. But never the less I still loved them. Now that they all came out on video I get to watch them again. But I noticed that each episode is 80 to 95 minutes long. When on TV they only had a 60 min. time slot? Is all this new or extra footage? And what happened to the Old Indy why did they cut him out??
: Thanks Johnny
: PS-please help me its really killing me!

You're comparing single epsiode sof the TV series (which are 46 to 48 minutes without commercials, not 60) to the new movies - each of which is made up of 2 TV eps (which is why they each run around 90 minutes). There is some new footage injected into some to bridge 2 unrelated TV eps (as well as some that have completely new segments never shown in the TV series), but there has also been some footage cut (not just the Old Indy bookends). For instance, Sprig Break Adventure has many cuts from the Princeton segment (dialog between Nancy & Indy on the beach, half of the car chase scene at the end involving the dynamite truck) and Advnetures in the Secret Service has a cut scene at the begining (the 2 princes discussing what they think their spy will look like) and replaced with new footage from Indy's POV as he walks into the building.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]