Let's Kill this SPF and RP thing shall we? We covered this weeks ago! (Reading on is optional for those of oyu who have read my posts B4 - Havlock and Grail Knight, front and center!))

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ultraman Tiga from ts003d11.las-nv.concentric.net on December 31, 1999 at 02:19:51:

RP did a mere Ford impersonation that even Jackie Chan could have gotten away with (and has) and considering For dis not a great dramatic actor anyway.

RP was fine, but he was only doing the job he was expected to do and nothing more.

SPF - Slight, too young, naive, too innocent? That's why it's YOUNG Indiana Jones! Jeez, Grail Knight and Havelock need to learn to pay more attention (and one had the nerve to base an opinion on an entire series for which he has watched just 2 episodes - out of 44! Yeah, real INFORMED opinion you got there. I'm sure it cost you a lont to rent it.

SPF had the look for the most part - just compare the video covers(by Cliff Siphon I believe) to any more of Drew's art than is necessary. The two have very similair snarls. Nuff said about that.

HF was certainly great, and defining, in the part of Indiana Jones, but he'll be the first to admit that he is not a great actor (and has). Let's face it - this man has not turned in a impressive dramatic performance since "Witness" - still his best work.

SPF on the other hand, had more to work with on the series and so developed a clearly strong dramatic impression while working on YIJC, to a point that made HF look like not much more than a cardboard standee - oh, wait, HF has been a cardboard standee, hasn't he?

SPF's other stregnths are on the charm (Love's Sweet Song) and the action scenes - he did most of his own stunts. SPF's weakness is actually broad physical comedy - which was pushed into the series more by the individual directors more than the writers and certainly not George Lucas. This was because SPF was a certified stuntman and would have to do all of it himself when the directors called for it on the spot. Look at the aforemention "Hollywood Follies", does Sean look like he really wants to do the scene where he runs from the snake? It's about as convincing as any romatic interlude in your typical slasher flick!

Just about any episode focusing on drama, romance, or action is sure to be a good one, if it's got SPF instead of CC anyway. Just as with any other series, not every episode was a winner. For the most part, the series, even it's lesser entries, was still better than ninety percent of the garbage that's ever been on television. Had it stuck around longer, supported more by fans like me and Aragorn and the other defenders in this forum(with a nod to those in that same thread, sorry I forget your names!), it would have developed into THE best show to ever air on television (aside from THE PRISONER).

Instead, morons like Havelock and Grail Knight killed it, just because Indy was young. Maybe you would have preferred 'The Midlife Indiana Jones Chronicles' starring Dirk Benedict?

TIGA

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]