Has anyone played The Last Express?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Goodsport from adsl-216-102-199-185.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net on December 31, 1999 at 14:04:11:

Has anyone here played (or even heard of) this gem of a game for both the PC and the Mac from Broderbund Software? It came out around 1997 or early 1998 (I can't remember exactly which), but it is aweseome! It takes place on the last trip of the Orient Express in Europe before the outbreak of war. It is very reminiscent of those Young Indy episodes that take place just before World War I (although Young Indy didn't really come to Europe as a teenager until after WWI, but still...).

When the game came out, CNN even went so far as to say, "Broderbund has another winner with The Last Express, a mix of Indiana Jones and Alfred Hitchcock."

Of course, the young forum members here may not like it because it's not the typical "shoot-em-up" or "hack-n-slash" type of game (although it definitely has its share of action). It kind of starts off as a murder mystery that evolves into a whole lot more! I played about half of it several months ago (it's on three CD's) before having to take care of other business. Recently I started playing it again from the beginning. It's as much fun now as it was a few months ago! :D

Check out The Last Express website to find out more about it. :)

-G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]