Re: Petersham Ribbon

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg from brun-m002-58.netquarters.net on June 14, 1998 at 06:40:22:

In Reply to: Petersham Ribbon posted by Ben on June 12, 1998 at 11:38:37:

: Can someone repost the info, or at least a pointer to where it's stored, on where the Petersham Ribbon can be acquired and what color code should be requested.

: I know I've seen this info on the web, but I can't find it now.

: And if you're going to point me to the Indy's Diggs page, please instead copy and paste the data to your reply... For some reason, I can't load that page (has something to do with timeouts - the server seems to take a long time to respond).

: Thanks

: -Ben

The two places I found to have the best Petersham ribbon were the following:

Hyman Hendler and Sons
67 West 38th Street
New York, NY 10018
(212) 840-8393

Color is #39 (Dark Brown)

and:

Catherine Delaney
Unit 006 The Chandlery
50 Westminster Bridge Road
LONDON
SE1 7QY

(From the US:) 044-171-721-7625 (Color is Dark Brown-no particular number)
It is easier to call Ms. Delaney than to write to her. Unfortunately, all orders to her must
be in British Sterling (which means a foreign money order if you are not already living there)
She can't accept credit cards. I like her ribbon better than Hendler's, but the Hendler stuff is nice quality as well.
Hendler ribbon is $4 a yard with a minimum of 10 yards by phone order. Delaney's ribbon is only like $1.50 a meter with no minimum but the
foreign money order will cost you about $9 when all is said and done. The Hendler stuff is what I have on my hat now, and it looks great. I'm waiting until it
needs replacing before I put the Catherine Delaney ribbon on it. Oh, the size of the ribbon is 1 1/2 inches or 39mm. Good luck!

Greg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]