Re: On Wested and the different leathers available...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on January 03, 2000 at 07:27:01:

In Reply to: Re: On Wested and the different leathers available... posted by DeWayne on December 31, 1999 at 17:04:34:

: Personally, I dont really get why people seem to want a heavier leather than the skin. I have horse hide and cow hide jackets, as well as a goat skin. In my opinion they can't even compare to the skin wested uses. It is very tough, I can attest to that. My Raiders jacket has been through a lot in the time that I've had it. I'm not the least bit careful with it and don't ever worry if it will get scratched or something, I even hope it will get a little marked up. It is worn a little, but it's not easy to do. Of course, I've never been a fan of heavy, bulky jackets. The skin is very comfortable. It feels more like a long sleeved shirt after it has worn in a bit. These are just my opinions on the leather issue.
: See ya! DeWayne

It's good to hear you like the lamb skin. The reasons you give are why I'm leaning towards the lamb skin for my next (last?) Wested.

I like my heavier Wested LC, but I do live in a climate where a heavier jacket is practical for much of the year. I'm 90% sure I'll go with the lamb skin Raider's with satin. It'll finish off my collection of jackets - a hide Wested LC with cotton lining and a Cooper cowhide. The lamb skin will probably serve as a dressier jacket until I get it good and broken in. Then maybe I can come up with an excuse to buy another?

Thanks for the feedback?

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: