Finally ordered that Wested, and news on Akubras

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-45.COL.cableone.net on January 03, 2000 at 10:41:32:

Yep, I finally did it! I ordered the Raiders version in the new lambskin, with the cotton lining, leather inside the collar, and a zipper on the inside pocket. This is my second post on this, but I figured quite a few of us have been away for the holidays. I had forgot to include the exp. date of my credit card, and Peter himself called me at home to inquire. He left a messsage as I wasn't home at the time-darn it! Now I will just have to endure the wait. Also Hatsdirect e-mailed me and said my Bushman was mailed before Xmas, and there's no telling when it will be here. Mr. Lilburn said that 22 packages were lost here in the states prior to this, and apparently this was highly unusual in his experience. They found them all but one, and he said it was stolen! Also there is probaly some bad news for us who ordered Akubras from Australia. It seems that the Akubras produced for Australian customers, at least the Bushmans, come with 2 "eyed" vent holes on the sides, and with no lining! The hats produced for sale in the states are not like this. The only positive thing about this is that the bushman comes with what appears to be a grosgrain ribbon, instead of the usual faire that Morgan sells. Has anyone contacted Hatsdirect and to see if we could get the Bushman like the American version? Since they are special made anyway, they might be able to do it. regards, Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]