That'd have to be one big-ass ribbon, pal.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupU231.mpls.uswest.net on January 04, 2000 at 09:49:12:

In Reply to: Not sure I totally understand the whole problem.. posted by Michaelson on January 04, 2000 at 09:33:37:

: I wear a fur felt fedora year round. Every one I've owned (after a years use) fades to the color that is shown by the Akubra example that Patterson supplied IndyGear. Considering the heat you build up inside a fur felt in summer, the holes will be hidden by the replaced ribbon. I personally would welcome the extra ventilation supplied by the hole, and they would be hidden so I would be the only one who knew they were there. I really don't see these as being big hurtles to either over come or to live with. Once you finish the project, you're going to end up with a fedora that looks just like one that has been used and has been down the road a few times. From my personal experience, Patterson's Akubra looks (color wise) right on what mine has taken a while to achieve. Regards. Michaelson

I'm pretty sure the ribbon on Indy's hat wasn't like 3" wide, which is what'd be needed to cover them holes, baby.

Austin....Danger Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]