Hummm. I'll remember you said that. Thanks. Regards. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on January 04, 2000 at 12:08:33:

In Reply to: OK, guys - it's just a hat (nm) posted by Patterson on January 04, 2000 at 11:28:49:

: : : : I wear a fur felt fedora year round. Every one I've owned (after a years use) fades to the color that is shown by the Akubra example that Patterson supplied IndyGear. Considering the heat you build up inside a fur felt in summer, the holes will be hidden by the replaced ribbon. I personally would welcome the extra ventilation supplied by the hole, and they would be hidden so I would be the only one who knew they were there. I really don't see these as being big hurtles to either over come or to live with. Once you finish the project, you're going to end up with a fedora that looks just like one that has been used and has been down the road a few times. From my personal experience, Patterson's Akubra looks (color wise) right on what mine has taken a while to achieve. Regards. Michaelson

: : :
: : : I'm pretty sure the ribbon on Indy's hat wasn't like 3" wide, which is what'd be needed to cover them holes, baby.

: : : Austin....Danger Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]