Some thoughts on my new akubra

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-185.COL.cableone.net on January 05, 2000 at 16:29:20:

I received my Bushman from Australia yesterday and while the package was in poor shape, amazingly enough, the hat wasn't damaged. The Nigeria brown is truly a dark brown, in fact, I used to own a Stetson Mallory that was the same color. It did come with the vent holes on each side darn it! This will be helpful during the hot summers we have here in Mississippi, but I really don't care for them. The hat also sports a ribbon that is 1 1/8 inches(sorry Michaelson, I gave you the wrong measurment) The brim is over 3 inches and has a very nice curl to it like the traditional snap brim, but is very stiff. The advertised crown height is 5 1/2 inches, and it does meet these specs, but only at the very top center of the crown. Once you put a slight bash in the top it looks just like a Nostalgia in crown height. Really the crown is effectively only 5 inches because of the shape of the upper crown. This is hard to explain but some of you will know what I am talking about. Once the brim gets cut down to the dimensional size, it will be pretty close to the fedora used in the last 2 movies. Overall I am pleased with the hat, but would suggest getting the American version if you want an akubra. I will definetly keep this hat for summer wear. My problem is the fedora I bought from gary white has spoiled me terribly. To date I have not seen another fedora that has that look. I just can't understand why we can't find one like what he offers at a reasonable price!Oh well. regards, steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]