Re: Why the Obsession with indy clothes?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-118.COL.cableone.net on January 05, 2000 at 17:17:24:

In Reply to: Re: Why the Obsession with indy clothes? posted by Indiana Jules Erler on January 05, 2000 at 16:56:39:

: : Not to sound rude but, why is alot of this forum about buying indiana jones clothing and stuff? I admit, I bought a Indiana Jones Fedora but that was just for fun. Does anyone actually dress like Indy?

: I wear my Alden's to school, and when I get my Wested I will do the same w/ it. Some of Indy's items are practical, like with my Alden's- I go to a Jesuit High School and its required that you wear a form of dress shoes....well the 405's are in the "Casual" category by Alden's, if you pair'em with a pair of khaki's they pass for dress shoes.

I doubt if anyone here dresses just like Indy, but many of us wear Wested jackets and some wear fedoras. Speaking of myself, I wear my fedoras on a daily basis,and when I get my Wested I will wear both together without feeling self conscious. In the summertime I wear safari shirts I bought from Cabelas with my fedoras, usually with Levis but occasionally with khaki pants. Perhaps to an untrained eye I could be seen as dressing like him, but in reality I am not. regards, Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]