Re: Why the Obsession with indy clothes?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anejo Joe from 169.greenville-06-07rs.sc.dial-access.att.net on January 05, 2000 at 17:24:52:

In Reply to: Re: Why the Obsession with indy clothes? posted by Steve on January 05, 2000 at 17:17:24:

: : : Not to sound rude but, why is alot of this forum about buying indiana jones clothing and stuff? I admit, I bought a Indiana Jones Fedora but that was just for fun. Does anyone actually dress like Indy?

: : I wear my Alden's to school, and when I get my Wested I will do the same w/ it. Some of Indy's items are practical, like with my Alden's- I go to a Jesuit High School and its required that you wear a form of dress shoes....well the 405's are in the "Casual" category by Alden's, if you pair'em with a pair of khaki's they pass for dress shoes.

: I doubt if anyone here dresses just like Indy, but many of us wear Wested jackets and some wear fedoras. Speaking of myself, I wear my fedoras on a daily basis,and when I get my Wested I will wear both together without feeling self conscious. In the summertime I wear safari shirts I bought from Cabelas with my fedoras, usually with Levis but occasionally with khaki pants. Perhaps to an untrained eye I could be seen as dressing like him, but in reality I am not. regards, Steve

I see it a not so much dressing like Indy, but dressing in a manner of a more formal time, which I miss. I always wore 3-button suit jackets, even when it was very difficult to fin them. I wear sport coats and ties to parties, even if no one else does. It's just the Indy's clothes are really clasic. And Wested is an exceptional value for the money spent. And as I have said before, even Indy didn't always dress like "Indy". But he always dressed well.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]