Re: Waiting is the hardest part

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on January 05, 2000 at 22:08:55:

In Reply to: Waiting is the hardest part posted by Brian K. on January 05, 2000 at 21:11:29:

: 4 weeks and counting 'til my wested is due. I can't wait. The hype better be right about this jacket, cause if not I'll be terribly disappointed. I know a lot of people have said these things are durable, but how do they stack up against other leather items you guys have owned? Since I've never had a leather garment before this one, I've been reading up and people keep talking about this leather treatment you have to give the jacket, but how often does that have to be done? is that a weekly, monthly, yearly thing?

: Impatiently waiting,
: Brian K.

Did you get the new lambskin, the predistressed cowhide, or the new finish cowhide? Regardless, I think you'll be happy. My LC predistressed (actually undistressed - it's a long story) has held up great. I've treated it with Pecard - fairly often (monthly) at first, then have backed it off to what will be six months at the end of January. It looks great, so I may push it off to eight months.

I planning on placing an order for one of the lambskin ones as well. My understanding is that that is going to be the most durable, at least as far as the finish is concerned. The flip-side is that it takes a while to "break-in".

Anyway, I think you'll be pleased.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: