Wow! $130?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on January 06, 2000 at 12:00:18:

In Reply to: Re: Talked to Peter at Wested posted by Sean on January 06, 2000 at 06:07:09:

: : He seemed like a really cool down to earth guy. Very talkative! I found out that the Raiders jacket was his number one seller last year (no kidding!) and it broke all previous records for Wested by selling over 600 of them! Well I contributed to his 2000 jackets as I finally ordered my lambskin Raiders jacket! Yay! Anyone else in Ontario Canada order one before? How long to get it here? Did you send it slow mail or courier?

: Greeting from sunny Ontario, Canada:
: I ordered my Wested about 1 1/2 years ago and had a similar experience with Peter. The jacket arrived quickly and in good order, but be aware that there was a $130 customs charge on top of the cost of the jacket. I was pretty upset by this, but THEN I put the jacket on. Who needs money when you've got Indy's jacket, right? Enjoy the weather here! You're gonna need that jacket.
: Cheers,
: Sean

US customs on the jacket is about $18 US, plus a fee from the USPS for a total of about $22 US. If I recall, $130 Canadian is running about $85 US? Again, wow.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: