Hey, Michaelson...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on January 06, 2000 at 12:09:07:

In Reply to: Re: Waiting is the hardest part posted by Michaelson on January 06, 2000 at 08:12:08:

: : 4 weeks and counting 'til my wested is due. I can't wait. The hype better be right about this jacket, cause if not I'll be terribly disappointed. I know a lot of people have said these things are durable, but how do they stack up against other leather items you guys have owned? Since I've never had a leather garment before this one, I've been reading up and people keep talking about this leather treatment you have to give the jacket, but how often does that have to be done? is that a weekly, monthly, yearly thing?

: : Impatiently waiting,
: : Brian K.

: Briefly, treatment completely depends on the area you live in. As you read below, Patterson has to treat his more often because he is on the West Coast, and in a very wet climate. I, on the other hand, usually don't have to treat the jackets but twice a year...as I take it out to put into service, and just before I put it away for the hotter part of the year. Then there is the usual situation of whether I get soaking wet, or the jacket is subjected to several days of subfreezing weather. The Pecards treatment on the cowhide version works well for both those situations. If you have a lambskin, a Lexol (or if you're REAL fortunate, the Letap from England) is the product I recommend for the same scenarios. As to comparisons with other leather gear I've owned....now that's much more difficult to answer. How do you compare a high end Lexus automobile to a Chevy? They're both cars aren't they? (grins) That's about the best comparison I can personally offer. Regards. Michaelson

Well, I've ordered a lambskin Raiders from Peter (a semi-coerced combined birthday present and Christmas present - wives can be very patient with Indy-obsessed husbands). I know exactly what your hide jacket is like. I believe your daughter has absconded with your Raider’s lambskin? Anyway, I know you can compare the two hands-on. What can I expect from the lambskin jacket compared to my hide jacket? I am expecting an extreme difference in weight, but I'd appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

Thanks my friend!

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: