Ah...my favorite subject

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-159.COL.cableone.net on January 06, 2000 at 15:52:00:

In Reply to: The man with the... posted by Indiana John on January 06, 2000 at 14:59:05:

: ...millions of hats to choose from--it seems.

: In covering the fedoras for Indy Gear, it has become quite a project
: to keep up with all of the hats that have presented themselves as "Indy style" or suitable for one's collection.

: I would like to hear your comments regarding which ones should or should not be included in our fedora section...

: Thanks
: John

Well it goes without saying that the HJ fedora should be there, and probaly the number one spot. Next should be the Custom Hatter fedora since personally I feel this hat is even more accurate than the HJ. The Akubra Drover, modified of course. The Stetson Nostalgia. The Akubra Bushman, American version. I don't know enough about the Official Indy fedoras to comment. I personally would not include the Stetson Temple because I don't think that tapered crown is even close to Indy's fedora. I used to own one and while the dimensional cut brim is great looking, the crown just is too pointy. The Stetson Mallory is a big joke, I owned one of those as well. This hat sets the standard for low crown fedoras, or at least mine did. These are the only ones I can honestly comment on, but I hope as time goes on and the search continues, we will have more to consider. Regards, Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]