Several types, actually...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Rangerphile from user-33qt582.dialup.mindspring.com on January 06, 2000 at 22:46:56:

In Reply to: Anybody here a Teacher? A quick question....it kind-of deals with Indy. posted by Meg on January 06, 2000 at 20:51:08:

I taught over a year of undergraduate courses (communication, not archeaology), and there were generally three kinds of students that caught my attention.

The rowdies, of course. There was always one in every class that didn't know the word discipline and was determined to make teaching an effort.

The very smart students, who either passed easily or actually underachieved out of personal boredom with the whole academic setting. They could on occasion make for very memorable contributions.

Then there were the special kids--those that wanted to be there and wanted to do the work. Some of them feel near or into the first two categories but with a difference--they would listen and wanted to improve. It's the students that work with you that make the job of teaching worth the effort.

By the way, I'm new here--I ordered a Wested back in November. Expecting it anytime now!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]