Good to see you back! Talk to you soon.... (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by walker from 38.152.176.55 on January 07, 2000 at 06:45:31:

In Reply to: It's been a long Six months posted by HANNIBAL KING on January 07, 2000 at 05:57:13:

: Well,

: Here I am - back for good (ish). Still away from home but with new internet access which is good.

: Firstly, I read a bit donwards about Dan Aykroyd in ToD - well, to my limited knowledge here is how that came about. In 1982 or 83, last century as it happens. Lucas had approached Aykroyd and John Belushi to play singing aliens at Jabba's palace (almost a Blues Brothers kind of thing) - now apparently both men agreed to do this, however unfortunately Belushi died and Aykroyd declined to do this scene without his friend. However, he agreed to do another cameo in a forthcoming Lucasfilm and when it gave him the chance to work with Spielberg he jumped at the Temple of Doom. Hope that's of some interest.

: Secondly, I met Pat Roach a while back at a memorabilia convention in Birmingham and spoke to him at great length about Indy and Star Wars and stuff. He told me that he had done a great deal of work on LC, namely a huge fight sequence under the zepellin which ended up with him being killed in two ways. He was baffled as to why this fight, one of the best he'd ever done in his opinion, was cut and could only assume that it was a pacing issue. He still has the zeppelin stars built into his home.

: Anyways, it's good to be back and I look forward to renewing old aquanitances.

: Hey Walker, I've been busy and ill withb the flu but I'll write real soon.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]