Re: Symbol of Manhood-The Fedora

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.197 on January 08, 2000 at 02:54:11:

In Reply to: Re: Symbol of Manhood-The Fedora posted by Michaelson on January 07, 2000 at 13:42:19:

In regards to the previous posts, remember that Indy wore a fedora from the age of thirteen on but I do agree that it would look kinda foolish on someone who hasn't yet entered puberty. Although I think women can wear a fedora also and I think they look sorta sexy in one just like when they sleep in a mans dress shirt.

I recall hearing about JFK killing the hat business on a documentary a few months ago (I think I even posted about it). Strange, just like Clark Gable almost destroying the undershirt business when he uncovered a bare chest in "It Happened One Night."

As for the hat causing baldness thing; I don't know if this was a popular wives tale once but I've heard older people say this before. From my own personal experience I don't find it to be true. In fact it may be just the opposite. My two brothers wear hats all the time and they both have a full head of hair. I never could wear a hat (to me it feels like having a sack of mosquitoes on your head) and I'm losing my hair. In another few years I'll probably have to go the Micheal Jordan route and shave my head. I just hope I can hold out on that til I'm at least forty.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]