I agree

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DeWayne from ppp427.elkgrove.net on January 08, 2000 at 15:06:17:

In Reply to: Re: It's worse than that. posted by Goodsport on January 08, 2000 at 12:11:54:

: : Chewbacca's death in the novel "Vecter Prime" wasn't just approved by Lucas, it was his idea! I read that he felt that for realisms sake a major character should lose their life and he chose Chewbacca. I haven't read the novel but I heard Chewie doesn't even get the honor of a heroic death.
: : As for Lucas' feeling that a major character should die isn't he satisfied with the deaths of Obi-Wan, Yoda, Anakin and Qui-Gonn. By the end I guess everyone will be dead.

:
: Everyone has to die eventually, but it does seem weird that Lucas would feel that a character has to die just because. I guess, though, that Star Wars isn't the only sci-fi franchise to do that - did Kirk really have to be killed off in Star Trek: Generations? That seemed kind of 'forced' to me as well! :(

:
: -G

I think this is what happens after you beat an idea to death. Now they will go for cheap shots to try and gather interest and emotion from fans. When they have to go this far, I think it should be a huge signal for them to just stop, but that might lose them money so...

I read Chewies death scene in the book. I didn't care because it didn't seem like I was reading a Star Wars book anyway. It just seemed fake if you know what I mean. This another reason I worry about Indy's fate when and if we ever see an Indy 4. Just my opinion.
See ya! DeWayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]