Hello! New To This Board!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Sahara from 1Cust54.tnt14.phoenix.az.da.uu.net on January 08, 2000 at 18:36:15:

Howdy! Love this board. Been reading it for awhile, but never posted. Have a few questions if you'll indulge me.

Every year, my wife and I put on a HUGE production for Halloween. Two years ago we did "Star Wars" complete with Darth, Luke, etc. This year we did "Jurassic Park." We actually built the park in our front yard. Complete with giant cement walls, Full size T-Rex, Raptor pen, Sound FX, etc. My father-in-law is an aerospace engineer and can design anything. He never ceases to amaze me. Needless to say, we have lines of people waiting to "tour" through every year. Even the police officers who block off the street bring their families. Anyhoo...

We've already started planning for next year. We've decided to do "Raiders." We're going to build the opening cave sequence with giant boulder, etc... I'm a HUGE fan of the films (watched them last night and today), but only recently became aware of all the "authentic" items available from Wested, HJ, etc. I'd appreciate any advice you could give me about the gear. More specifically:

1) The HJ hat. How close to the original does it look? I've read some posts on this board claiming the Custom Hatter looks closer to the original. Is this true? Any info on this hat you could give me would be appreciated. Color, shape, anything. No detail is too small. I'm a purist and would like our "event" next year to be as close as possible.

2) How about the Wested? Some say the original Raiders in Lambskin is the best. But I've also read that the distressed LC is better as it's made from a thicker hide. Is the distressed still dark? Again. Details, details.

3) Anything else you can tell me.

Thanks a bunch for this board. It's so much fun. You guys rock!

Indy Sahara

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]