Re: Indy airplanes

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark Indy from node189-158.resnet.pr.erau.edu on January 09, 2000 at 10:49:29:

In Reply to: Re: Indy airplanes posted by graml on January 09, 2000 at 05:31:31:

Yello. Graml got the TOD Ford, here's the others... :)

Actually, the biplane in Raiders was a Waco, not a Stearman, I don't really recall which one exactly though. The flying boat Indy catches in Frisco is a Shorts Sunderland, a WWII British maritime patrol (used in U-boat hunting and such), which was modified to represent the PAA China Clipper for the movie -- not exactly the correct aircraft, but IMHO pretty close. :) The liner that takes him to Tibet is a Douglas DC-3 naturally.

In Crusade we see another DC-3, and the German fighters which are meant to represent Messerschmitt Bf-109s are actually Swiss Pilatus designs, though again I don't remember the exact variant... They got the paint jobs pretty close to the real thing on 'em however. :)

Hope this helps.
-Mark

: : I´m trying to build each and every plane that appears on the trilogy. I know that the first airplane it´s a Stearman PT17. Does anybody know the others? There´s an hydroplane from the first movie, the chinese Junker from the second and a couple of other.
: : I´d really appreciate the help.
: : Thanks.

: Hey. Lao Che's plane in Temple of Doom was a Ford Tri-motor. Now that was one good looking airplane. Don't make planes like that anymore, no sir. As for the others, it's been a long time since I sat down and watched the Trilogy, so I can't quite recall what sort of planes they were. Guess I know what I'll be doing today...
: -graml

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]