About the Swastika...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from port2.westworld.ca on January 10, 2000 at 05:55:22:

In Reply to: Re: I believe that the swastika was actually a Norse rune. posted by Tim( London) on January 10, 2000 at 03:36:08:

: : : : : : Hey, does anybody know why in raiders the box that holds the ark burns when it is in the posession of the nazis?

: : : : : Hey. Lucas was using a time-tested cinematic device called symbolism. It could also be considered a bit of foreshadowing. The crate (with the noticable swastika) burns, symbolizing the Nazis eventual destruction by God's wrath. According to the Bible, the Ark will always destroy those who defile it. Just my two cents.
: : : : : -graml

: : : : Secondly to that, the timing of that scene was just before the Nazi U-boat intercepted the cargo ship which sort of implied that the Ark was trying to "camoflauge" itself from detection from the Nazi boarding party.

: : : : $0.02

: A Swastika is a Buddist symbol. You see them a lot over Temple gates in South East Asia. The "SS" symbols were the Runes.

:
: Tim...

I learned this in Social class. Hitler was sitting in church one day and was looking up near the ceiling and saw a symbol very similar to what the swastika looks like today (Hitler tweaked it a little bit). It probably is those Norse Rune's you are thinking about Anejo Joe.

--------
---------

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: