The hatter

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Azuma from pm579-13.dialip.mich.net on January 10, 2000 at 07:59:02:

In Reply to: Re: WHY DOES NOBODY LIKE THE HJ HATS!!!!!!??????!!!!!! posted by GCR on January 10, 2000 at 06:49:12:

I have got HJ fedora for 3 years and it looks just like the one in Raider. I don't know what's problem with them now, but as I know HJ provides the best service you have never seen before. They charge no shipping if you wanna change the size of hat or you wanna change the right ribbon. How do I know this, coz' I changed my hat for 2 times. During the time I was living in Taiwan, the postage from UK to Taipei is not cheap, and they were willing to pay it.

Back to the topic. I don't think Mr. Gray would give your fedora in the looking of Raiders, since he only did last 2 movies (as told by some site). Actually, if he really did the hat for the movies, I think he only did the last one, coz' his fedora looks more closer to LC than the others. I have to say he really did a good job on Fedoras, but if I wanna get a second fedora, I might choose HJ again. BTW, HJ Modif. McAlpine would be another good choice.

Best,

Azuma

: It's not that I don't like the HJ...I will eventually look into getting an HJ no matter what, because it is the REAL THING. But for now I want a hat that looks like the Raiders hat...and if the Gary White Fedora comes closer, then I will probably get one of those first. The pics I have seen at Indy gear of your hat are very nice indeed, but recent posts about problems with the company that deals with the HJ, and lack of inventory, plus a long, long wait, have made me leery of the HJ. I'm sure it is a very nice hat, and as I said, I am eventually gonna buy one, but what I really want is the Raiders hat, that's why I wanted to know if the Custom Hatter Fedora was closer, or if the HJ was etc. If you own the HJ and say it is similar to the crusade hat...than I am not gonna buy that one right now.
: Anyway, I do love the look of the HJs I have seen (most of them), and I don't hate them...just not interested right now.
: -GCR

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]