Re: the White fedora...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jack skellington from spider-wa081.proxy.aol.com on January 10, 2000 at 09:52:46:

In Reply to: The hatter posted by Azuma on January 10, 2000 at 07:59:02:

: I have got HJ fedora for 3 years and it looks just like the one in Raider. I don't know what's problem with them now, but as I know HJ provides the best service you have never seen before. They charge no shipping if you wanna change the size of hat or you wanna change the right ribbon. How do I know this, coz' I changed my hat for 2 times. During the time I was living in Taiwan, the postage from UK to Taipei is not cheap, and they were willing to pay it.

: Back to the topic. I don't think Mr. Gray would give your fedora in the looking of Raiders, since he only did last 2 movies (as told by some site). Actually, if he really did the hat for the movies, I think he only did the last one, coz' his fedora looks more closer to LC than the others. I have to say he really did a good job on Fedoras, but if I wanna get a second fedora, I might choose HJ again. BTW, HJ Modif. McAlpine would be another good choice.

:
: Best,

: Azuma

What many people don`t seem to understand is that certain individuals are looking for a hat with the VERY DISTINCT "Raiders of the Lost Ark" look, which we can all agree is very different from the rest. Mr. White, whether he made movie hats or not, is specifically making a hat that is a replica of, not 'an Indiana Jones hat', but of the exact hat worn in "Raiders". I have never seen one aside from the small pic on his site and think it is too expensive for me (that`s almost my rent for a month, my wife would kill me) but that is my understanding of his hat. I wanted a HJ untill every one started describing it like the hat in Donovan`s office or the Last crusade hat. While it is a beautiful hat, I want the Raiders look and decided against getting a HJ if they all look like that. I understand a few people got hats that look like the Raiders one but the majority didn`t and I don`t want to have to be sending stuff back and getting caught up in all that.
The hat on Indygear looks amazing and is the most nicest looking HJ pic I have seen yet....and while it looks like the Last crusade hats it looked like the Raiders hat only from the side. From the front it appeared the taper slightly and while to most that may not matter, to the Raiders of the exact hat people, it doesn`t fit the bill of the large DEEPLY dented crown. I am amxious to see the White fedora pics to see if we finially got a perfect match. Please understand that this is all my own opinion. I see plenty of hats that others think looks exactly like the Indy hat and I am just disgusted, so I am sure that others would think my poor ol` Bushman doesn`t fit the bill. In the end it always whay we can afford and our exact tastes in the specific look we are after. And right now, even if HJ wasn`t having stocking problems or such, the hat they are sending out just doesn`t fit the bill as the hat from "Raiders of the Lost Ark".
But love the hats anyway-Jack

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]