Re: Wested Jacket Question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian K. from redx19.xyplex.com on January 10, 2000 at 17:57:44:

In Reply to: Wested Jacket Question posted by Muppet on January 10, 2000 at 16:27:33:

Well, you're asking really the wrong crowd, I think. In fact, I don't think you should be asking any crowd. Most people here are going to tell you how fine a jacket a Wested is, but it's really a matter of preference, since it fits our style of dress. ( I have a Wested myself on order, unfortunately I won't get it for about 3 more weeks...that's if the 6 week figure the dude at Wested gave me is accurate ) Do you think you will look good walking down the street in this jacket? Forget the fact that it's an Indy jacket for a second, since most people probably wouldn't notice unless you either told them, or started wearing a fedora and whip with it. Look at the pictures on http://www.indygear.com/jacket.htm and on Indy's diggs ( the addy escapes me at the moment. ) Or even FFWD through one or more of the Indy movies and check it out that way. Does this fit *your* style? If it does, then the jacket could be more than a collector item for you. If it does not, then do you really think you're going to wear it? If you won't, then you've bought yourself a $250 display piece for your house and ( possibly ) part of a halloween costume. It's a fully functioning lambskin coat for the spring, fall, and ( depending on where you live and how much you want to wear underneath if it is cold there ) winter. The only question you really have to answer is would you wear it, and that's something we really can't help you with.

Just my 2 cents
Brian K.
: Hi everyone,

: This is for all owners of Wested jackets (be they Raiders, ToD or LC style). I was just wondering, I know that due to the 1930's settings of the Indy movies that most of Indy's clothes have an 'old fashioned' look to them - is this the same with the jackets?

: I'm thinking of getting a Raiders Wested, but the major reason I would buy a Wested would be if it could double up as a perfectly suitable and practical jacket - what do you owners think about your jackets? :-) Are they clothing or just a collector's item?

: Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! :-)

: -Muppet-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]