Re: Wested Jacket Question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jules Erler from spider-wk053.proxy.aol.com on January 10, 2000 at 20:30:51:

In Reply to: Wested Jacket Question posted by Muppet on January 10, 2000 at 16:27:33:

: Hi everyone,

: This is for all owners of Wested jackets (be they Raiders, ToD or LC style). I was just wondering, I know that due to the 1930's settings of the Indy movies that most of Indy's clothes have an 'old fashioned' look to them - is this the same with the jackets?

: I'm thinking of getting a Raiders Wested, but the major reason I would buy a Wested would be if it could double up as a perfectly suitable and practical jacket - what do you owners think about your jackets? :-) Are they clothing or just a collector's item?

: Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! :-)

: -Muppet-

Well let's put it this way- I bought my Alden's two weeks ago and wore them to my Jesuit High School. There people did make some remarks towards them about them being ugly (they are- as the starting leather color is almost red! I need to wear those suckers down!), and some kid said they looked like they would be in style 50 years ago, which I thought was ironic, as I didn't tell anyone they were Indy's boots. But I got my LC New finish with Satin Lining and wear that to school with the boots, and trust me, it looks awesome! Some of the kids even changed their opinion.

P.S. I have a face shaped like Harrison Ford's and got his mouth to go along with it- I put on my glasses (which is a rarity, considering I wear contacts), and one of the teachers made a remark that I looked like Professor Jones with the jacket and my hair parted like Indy's! The look is definately me, and don't be surprised if you faint looking into a mirror with a jacket and fedora on!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]