Sorry, I can see no such thing

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on January 11, 2000 at 12:30:12:

In Reply to: Okay! Let's Have It Out! The Final Word On The Fedora! posted by Indy Sahara on January 11, 2000 at 11:28:47:

: I want to buy one of these, but everyone seems to differ on the one to buy. Some love the HJ, and others swear by the Custom Hatters. Still others...you get the picture.

: Let's make this the definitive post on which Fedora and why? If you've bought one, no matter where and from whom, post your in-depth opinions. Everyone loves to talk about the clothing, myself included. So let's hear it people. Talk to me!

I'm afraid you're not going to get a "final word" regarding the fedora. Why? Simply because there are just too many opinions (as you point out) regarding this item. This is probably in the same category as asking what was the best of the three movies in the triology. If you're only looking for the Raiders look, then HJ can indeed produce one with the correct look, but it won't be made with their current Poet. They have another version fedora that they can reblock and dimensionally cut to match the original hat. Indiana Magnoli had one made a couple of years ago. I have found a small shop that is more than willing to create what I want once I find the correct crown height, and they are very reasonable in their service costs. They even stock their own version fedora made to their own personal specifications, but downside being that their inventory is seasonable. I'm still in negotiations with them regarding this project. The list can go on and on. Are you wanting something that looks good, but is just to darn expensive to buy, let alone wear? I'd be a bit nervous wearing a White fedora, considering the cost. I've chased to many hats down a windy road in my life time to want to see that happen to something that is over 300 dollars +. Just my opinion. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]