Give YIJ another chance...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Impulse from look592685.ttg.internet.look.ca on January 11, 2000 at 14:11:00:

In Reply to: I just watched Treasure of The Peacock's eye! posted by IndianaJone's groupie on January 11, 2000 at 12:21:56:

: Why the hell does George Lucas have to become the King of Cheese with the young Indy stuff making him meet lots of famous figures from history!

Indiana Jones is a character that lived the prime of his life IN the past. So why can't he meet historical figures?

: This is the first young Indy video I've seen and I'm defintely not gonna see any more because it makes me want to puke!

C'mon, this was just one episode of YIJ. Haven't you occasionally seen a bad ep of a TV show YOU like?

: The Indy video advertisements with the new latest vhs releases show the him as larger than life itself with the amazing things he has accomplished. That's just too much to swallow!

I always thought that Indy was cool 'cause he was larger than life, yet had a wonderful humanity to him.

: The only real Indiana Jones films in my mind are the Harrison Ford ones! Young Indy videos mar his name!

Now, now. Watch more of it first, and I think that you'll merely feel that this one episode wasn't that good. Harrison Ford liked YIJ enough to make a guest appearance in "Mysteries Of The Blues".

: The grimace that Sean Pat Flannery got on his face when he was talking to the dying man (absolutely horrid acting, btw) was laughable all the way to choking fits!

Not his fault. It wasn't a good script, and he didn't have much to work with.

: If the Young Indy videos had River Pheonix and none of all those cheeseball meetings with historical figures, than maybe it would have had a chance.

Well, I liked River as Indy very much, but I never felt he went beyond doing his best Harrison Ford impression. It worked well, and I think, if he had been given a chance before his death, he'd have done wonders for the role.

Nonetheless, Sean Patrick Flanery does have a similar appearance, and he brought an intensity to the role (when the script let him do his thing in the Peacock episode) that River didn't quite have. In those interviews at the end, you could see the enthusiasm in his face and hear it in his voice.

Give it another chance. I plan to, and I wasn't thrilled with the episode either.

--Kevin Riley

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]