Peacock's Eye was a weak link in the Indy chain.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from sdn-ar-001vannewP019.dialsprint.net on January 11, 2000 at 14:49:39:

In Reply to: I just watched Treasure of The Peacock's eye! posted by IndianaJone's groupie on January 11, 2000 at 12:21:56:

: This show was okay for a while, and It did have that Indiana Jones feel for a little while, but this rancid piece of fecal matter turned into pure shit at the end!

: Why the hell does George Lucas have to become the King of Cheese with the young Indy stuff making him meet lots of famous figures from history!

: This is the first young Indy video I've seen and I'm defintely not gonna see any more because it makes me want to puke!

: The Indy video advertisements with the new latest vhs releases show the him as larger than life itself with the amazing things he has accomplished. That's just too much to swallow!

: The only real Indiana Jones films in my mind are the Harrison Ford ones! Young Indy videos mar his name!

: The grimace that Sean Pat Flannery got on his face when he was talking to the dying man (absolutely horrid acting, btw) was laughable all the way to choking fits!

: If the Young Indy videos had River Pheonix and none of all those cheeseball meetings with historical figures, than maybe it would have had a chance.

:
: I really felt like I was watching Young Indy with River Pheonix, but with Flannery, it just became laghable most of the time!

Hey. I understand your position. Peacock's Eye was one of the later YIJC episodes made especially for the Family Channel, and like most of the Family Channel episodes, it was pretty bad. Have you heard of the episode called "Travels with Father"? DO NOT WATCH THAT MOVIE! It was mighty weak. But don't give up on Young Indy. Try seeing "Mystery of the Blues." It's a little known story from Chicago history, so even people who hate the way historical figures keep popping up in YIJC probably aren't going to recognize most of real life characters. Just my two cents.
-graml

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]