Re: Indiana Jones Disney Attractions

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ultraman Tiga from 206.173.200.170 on June 18, 1998 at 03:10:45:

In Reply to: Indiana Jones Disney Attractions posted by Aaron on June 17, 1998 at 20:26:17:

: Guys, I have a confession to make: I've never been to Disney World or Disneyland, but would love to ride Temple of the Forbidden Eye or see the Epic Spectacular Stuntshow, and go to their respective gift shops. Are my dreams well-placed? Should I go? Give me all the info you can on these attractions, if you would.

: Thanks,

: ~Aaron

Oh god yeah! I don't know how far you are from either - in fact I don't even know for sure if D-World has the Teple of the Forbidden Eye - but if you can swing it for the cheapeast, it 's definately worht it. If it will cost you a zillion dollars, you may want to consider your options (like where else you might be able to go for the same money).

I went to D-land with my girl last summer and we had a great time. The Gift shop was a little disappointing, even if I spent sixty bucks in there on the sweatshirt, watch, and mugs. The ride was even somewhat disappointing because it's too dark in some spots and you can move around for a bit without anything happening, and yet it was still one of the coolest rides there - because ti is so jerky and you have no idea what to expect every time you go on it. To me, the coolest part was honst-to-gosh the waiting in line! D-land's Adventureland always had a very IJ quality to it to me, and setting up the ride there cemented it entirely. The desing of the surrounding area is just incredible, and I appreciated things like seeing the truck from RAIDERS, and Indy's tent with an old 20's era radio playing jazz tunes from it. The newsreal footage of Sallah is terrific, and I wish I could have it to add to my collection.

So basically, the whole vibe and ambience makes it worth it. The ride is great, but it can't beat the feeling that you have truly stepped into the world of Indy Jones.

Hope I helped!

TIGA

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: