Something to think about

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from 216-119-34-16.o1.jps.net on January 12, 2000 at 10:54:00:

I remember in Raiders of the Lost Ark, when Indy was talking excitedly to Marcus, telling him, "We've never done anything like this before...this represents all that we got into archaeology in the first place." That was the first Indy movie. What followed was two sequels, the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles series, Indy comic books, Indy computer games and many Indy and Young Indy novels that were all licensed by Lucasfilm, Ltd. It seems to me that Indy did do a lot of this before as evidenced in all these "licensed" products with the Lucasfilm name on it. This is why I hate it when characters are just thrown out there for the media hype to grab. George Lucas and Steven Spielberg should have been on top of their character and overseen all the developments that were going on. Now, the whole series sort of contradicts what Indy said in that line in Raiders of the Lost Ark. As much as I love to see, read, and play Indy, it is sort of confusing to see all these things happen to our beloved character. And the weirdest thing is that Indy's future still hasn't been written. All we know is that Indy lived to be 100 (and may still be alive today), but nothing else in the time between that. This is why we need an Indy 4 movie. Anyhoo, thanks for reading this LONG message, and "May the Whip Be With You"...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]