Re: indy novels

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by S. William from 188-43.pm4-1.chambersburg.desupernet.net on January 12, 2000 at 14:19:46:

In Reply to: indy novels posted by steve2 on January 12, 2000 at 13:39:21:

I have read all the novels and I recomend reading all of them just so you can get a "Lucasfilm licensed history" on Indiana Jones. All the Rob MacGregor novels were pretty good Peril at Delphi,Dance of the giants, Seven Veils, Genisis Deluge, Unicorns Legacy, and Interior world. But when you read them, and read them in order because they do follow each other, you will find they seem to get stranger and stranger with the last one being the strangest. What I mean is Indy seems to get into some pretty supernatural and sometimes unbeivable situations. The next two are the Martin Caiden novels, sky pirates and the White Witch, these two were very involved with aviation because that was Martin Caidens thing, aviation and space exploration. This explains in some sort why Indy can fly but can't land. Some here on this forum didn't care to much for Martin Caiden, but I liked these two stories. The last four by Max McCoy, Philosophers Stone, Dinosaur Eggs, Hollow earth, and Secret of the Sphinx, are all pretty good stories here is where belloq is written into the novels. I read all of these in order than read The temple of Doom novel, the Raiders of the Lost ark, and finally the Last Crusade. My favorite Indy novel personally was, well, all of them. I would suggest starting with the first novel and working them in order. A good many of them refers back to the others, a few stand alone, but it has been about a year and a few months since I've read them, I believe I should read them all again. I hope I have helped. Happy Reading.

Sincerely

S. William

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: