Did you know??

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana G.J.R. from spider-wi022.proxy.aol.com on January 12, 2000 at 20:50:51:

Hey guys,
For Christmas i received a great book about Harrison Ford called "Imperfect Hero" by Garry Jenkins. There is a chapter in the book called "The Whip Hand" which is all about Indiana Jones. One interesting fact i had to share with everyone was about the boulder chase scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark. I was always under the impression that the boulder was a weightless peice of foam. In the book it goes in depth about how they didnt want Ford to do the scene himself because of the great danger of it. The boulder after all wasnt foam but infact a 700 pound piece of plaster. Ford insisted on doing the scene so Speilberg made him race the boulder side by side about ten times to be convinced that Harrison could do the scene without seriously hurting himself. Well he beat out the boulder all ten times and he went on obviously to do it. Ford goes on after completing the stunt joking how the faces we see on film were infact real fear. What a guy! Take care,
G.J.R.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]