I agree with you and I don't...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.197 on January 12, 2000 at 22:24:34:

In Reply to: Something to think about posted by bud-arc on January 12, 2000 at 10:54:00:

When Indy and Marcus are discussing the Ark as being like nothing they've gone after before I think they're right. If you look at Indy's past career there's nothing in it that is even close to as important as the Ark. Even for a nonbeliever like Indy the Ark represents an incredible find; proof that the Bible is a historical record and not just a book of fables.
All the things Indy went after before were more like treasures and if you remember Indy always loses them in the end.

Also I don't think we're meant to see all the different incarnations of the Indy legend as part of a continuous whole. True Lucasfilm licenses them all but I think they consider the books as separate from the films and the video games as separate from Young Indy. Much the same way that all those "Star Wars" novels have no bearing on the goings on in the movies.
This is why we won't see characters from the Indy novels or video games in Indy IV.

Although I do think that Lucas considers the Young Indy chronicles to be a part of the whole. So we can look at the Young Indy stories and the movies as really the whole story of Indiana Jones from George Lucas' perspective. I don't think that the novels or the comics or the video games come into Lucas' thinking at all when he puts together the whole Indiana Jones legend in his mind.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]