Re: Indy books.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by gary from 108.borrego.uia.net on January 12, 2000 at 23:04:16:

In Reply to: Re: Indy books. posted by Aragorn on January 12, 2000 at 21:33:47:

: : Hey guys,

: : I was just wondering what the Indy novels are like as a whole. Just by looking at the covers, they seem to be aimed towards children. What are they really like? Anything than can keep an 18 year-old interested?

: : Thanks in advance for any advice,

: : Ian

: Geared towards children? Not at all! The Indiana Jones novels by Rob MacGregor and Max McCoy are fantastic; the stories are origional, the adventures fantastic, and there's enough mature subject matter to warrant the good ol' PG-13 rating if they were feature films instead of books. The best ones were those written by Max McCoy, but there are several written by Rob MacGregor that are just as good. I'd start with McCoy's "Indiana Jones and the Philosopher's Stone". It's the first Indy novel I ever read, plus it's also the best one. After you've finished with McCoy, "take a trip back in time" and check out MacGregor. Also, you can check out the two books by Martin Caidin, but don't expect much. I cared for neither one.

: Aragorn

If you go to bn.com and do a search on indiana jones a lot of books come up including some that I have never seen.
Gary

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]