Sure there are.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em11-686.utsi.edu on January 13, 2000 at 08:34:51:

In Reply to: Fan Loyalty?? posted by Sean Dodge on January 12, 2000 at 20:41:08:

: I have seen many posts that knock anything that remotely resembles an Indiana Jones movie, as rip offs. However, there is a decreasing likelihood of another Indy movie ever happening, and certainly, if it does, it will be the last. At the same time, there is a Mummy sequel on the horizon, and reports of a Tomb Raider movie in the works, so it begs the question, how will you Indyfans respond?
: Will you automatically dismiss these as Indy knockoffs? Or embrace them for giving us what we want...action and adventure, and a touch of the supernatural.
: I realize that there is usually a lot to hate about some of these productions, but Indy might not survive too close a scrutiny either. But can we automatically reject a story that is tryingto appeal to the same audience, just because we are mad that it doesn't star Harrison Ford?
: Does fan loyalty require us to hate anything that is inevitably labeled by the media as "The next Indiana Jones?"

: "Discuss amongst yuhselves." Linda Richmond--Cawfee Tawk

You must have missed a lot of the discussions regarding this very topic. There are a lot of us out here who like just about anything they put up "Indy like" in movies. Some of us even liked the Allan Quartermain movies of the 1980's, which were very tongue in cheek and blantant and admitted rip off's of the Indy movies, both Raiders and T of D. As I said once before, duplication is the most sincere form of flattery, and folks usually recognize these are "Indy wannabes", and use the Indy movies as the bench mark that these movies are aiming for. With that in mind, it also KEEPS Indiana Jones on the minds of the public, and therefore actually helps the franchise. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]