Re: Indy-like movies

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.197 on January 13, 2000 at 22:44:06:

In Reply to: Indy-like movies posted by Chantry on January 13, 2000 at 09:00:44:

Depending on how closely you want these choices to resemble Indy, I think that any Indyfan would like these titles. Some of them are not really like Indy but they're all adventure flicks and make for a good rental.

"The Rocketeer" and "The Phantom" are both comic book flicks but they have an Indy flavor to them.

"Doc Savage" is a little campy but fun.

"The Mask of Zorro" with Antonio Banderas or try Tyrone Powers' "The Mark of Zorro" I just watched this again this week and it was cool.

"The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad" is excellent or try "Golden Voyage of Sinbad" or "Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger"

"Clash of the Titans" or "Jason and the Argonauts." Not very Indy-ish but supercool adventures.

"King Kong" one of the great adventure films.

Any of the Johnny Weismuller "Tarzan" films.

"King Solomon's Mine" NOT the awful Richard Chamberlain one but the very cool Stewart Granger version.

"The Southern Star." Haven't seen this one in years and it might not be as cool as I remember but check it out.

"The African Queen." Fantastic.

"Gunga Din" or any of the versions of "Beau Geste" or "The Four Feathers" All very Indy-ish and cool.

The all-time best adventure flick (after "Raiders") "The Adventures of Robin Hood" with Errol Flynn.

And last remember that Indy is based on the old serials of the thirties and many of these are out on video.

Hope that helps you out some.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]