Re: There was great demand for Raiders hats when the film

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 3k$ from spider-wi032.proxy.aol.com on January 14, 2000 at 02:10:32:

In Reply to: Re: The defense of HJ and the "others"... posted by Steve on January 13, 2000 at 21:56:19:

: : I`ve noticed some people getting quite touchy regarding the hat controversy and many jumping to the defense of HJ. AGAIN,please understand that everyone has their own opinions and wants and some of us want the hat we saw in RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK!!!!Not just 'the Indiana Jones' hat.The product HJ is currently producing is just a sign of the times. Using the original product, they are creating whatever they LAST CREATED (ie, the Last Crusade look) for their customers. No one thought the Indy hat would take off when the first film was made and it is not until now that they are 'in demand'. So those of us looking the Raiders look are not satified with the current product regardless of who makes it or who made it for who. It is as if Wested put out the famed jacket but only in the "Temple of Doom" design and sold it as the authentic Indiana Jones jacket. Those who want the Raiders look would notice the supple differences but everyone else would just see the Wested name and claim to be the authentic jacket. The Raiders people would look else where.
: : Steve`s Gary White fedora is awesome looking and looks like the Raiders hat more than any HJ I`ve ever seen. MY OPINION ONLY!!!!!
: : Steve if your reading this; Great looking hat. Your right, the crown makes the whole diffence. Very good purchase and well worth the money. Hope your enjoying it. But every one,
: : CAN`T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG????
: : Those who buy the wool felt Disney hats...let them, help them, and congratulate them. I was so proud of my first hat and now that I look at it, it was a terrible choice. Please; those same people could easily be buying trekkie shirts or jedi robes...at least we all love Indy. What ever hat anyone buys....at least the fedora is making a come-back. Go with any hat as long as you get the look your after.....definitely the Raiders look for me whether its HJ, stetson,Gary white, Shushanna`s, Millers, Akubra, Babubra, Disney, Shmisney, who cares...get what YOU like and let others get what THEY like and lets all be friends! Smiles for all a big tip of my David Morgan Bushman with a 5 5/8 crown, 2 5/8x2 3/4 brim!!!! Jack

:
: Thanks for the comments on the GW fedora. I really like the look of the hat, the only drawback is the price. Of course these hats are not mass produced and custom made so I guess maybe that's what you are paying for. But then I think of the craftsmanship I have heard about the Wested jackets, and realize that Peter probaly has one of the best bargains on the planet! I still have not found a fedora that looks like the GW hat, but the search continues for one that I don't feel guilty about when I hand over the cash. It looks like I am about to get Gary to make me another one, this one in the darker brown. He keeps the pics you send him of your head on file along with your hat size, so my next one should fit like my first, which is the best fitting hat I have ever owned. Here I go again justifying this outrageous purchase to myself! It could be worse, I could be a drug addict, and spend more than this on a good weekend, with nothing to show for it on Monday morning. regards, Steve

came out. Banana republic stores opened to meet the demand for globe roaming action adventure clothing, certainly due to Raiders, but they they didn't have any authentic looking Indy stuff. 3k$

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]