Speaking from experience...sorta

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on January 14, 2000 at 15:58:32:

In Reply to: Anyone hava a scan of the FM jacket? posted by Salisbury on January 14, 2000 at 11:37:08:

Stay with me - there is a point here.

I've gone through a few jackets in the past year. The first was a Disney Indy jacket. After learning about the "true" Indy jacket from Wested, I ordered a predistressed Raiders in 48 long. Once I had that, the Disney jacket never saw the light of day, and was subsequently traded away. Now I had a Wested, but it was a bit too long - should have got the regular. Then I saw a picture of the Cooper. Man, I got to get one of those, I thought. Once I had it I realized that I would rather have another Wested. Since then I've traded the long Wested to Michaelson and purchased another Wested - this time a cowhide LC 48 Regular, pictured on IndyGear. I love it. I've just ordered a lambskin Raiders to finish off (?) my jacket collection. I'm convinced I'll wear both Wested's, but I doubt the Cooper will come out of the closet more then once or twice a year. If I could get the money back, I would.

Bottom line - the Wested is the real thing. Don't do what I did and spend $300 to learn that lesson. Take the money and buy some Alden’s - you can NEVER have too many pairs of those! You'll wear them until they wear out, and that makes them worth the money. Or buy an HJ or a Custom Hatter fedora. A David Morgan whip? Maybe. If you need another jacket, get another Wested.

IMHO

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: