Me too...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Adventure4Indy from spider-wa062.proxy.aol.com on January 14, 2000 at 16:57:59:

In Reply to: Question about a minor detail on my Wested. posted by S. William on January 14, 2000 at 13:03:14:

I received my Raiders jacket last week. The Zipper hangs from the left side (while wearing the jacket), and the inside pocket is on the right side. Being right handed, I still find myself reaching for the wrong side. I love the jacket, and just figured the the whole "opposite" thing was just a European fashion.

An interesting footnote: I once read that the zipper on typical man's jacket (i.e. on the right side when you wear it) is actually on the "wrong" side, while the females version it is on the "correct" side. The reason for the discrepancy dates back to the time period when females were responsible for "dressing" their husbands, and thus the opposite zipper assisted them to perform this function. I read this in one of those "interesting facts" books years ago; I don't know how true it is.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]