Re: Indy Jacket clone?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian K. from redx19.xyplex.com on January 14, 2000 at 17:14:16:

In Reply to: Re: Indy Jacket clone? posted by S. William on January 14, 2000 at 15:40:52:

I noticed the snap down collar thing too. That seems aweful weird that they'd bill it as an Indy jacket and have so many differences. I personally wouldn't order one if for no other reason than that I currently have a Wested on order ( why buy that when you can get a replica from the original pattern? ) Anyway, I thought it was suspicious because I had never before seen anything about anyone making an "Indy" jacket besides Wested, Cooper and now Fantastic Media. They do seem to offer a goatskin as well as the cowhide, but still...it doesn't look so good to me from the pictures they have on the site. I wanted to throw it out there and see if any of you guys had heard about this before....

Regards,
Brian K.
:
: This Jacket is more expensive than the wested, $265 (regular price $600), it has a few differences, it only comes in cowhide, it only comes in one style, it has a "hidden" snap-down collar, what seems as a seam going down the center of the back, and ajustable snap cuffs. They also seem to be using the Indiana Jones name illegally, Wested never uses "Indiana Jones" to refer to his jackets, he refers to them by the movie names. I don't know what else to say. It seems weird.

: Sincerely,

: S. William

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: