Indy Jacket (G7)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jules from spider-th034.proxy.aol.com on January 14, 2000 at 20:06:40:

In Reply to: Indy Jacket clone? posted by Brian K. on January 14, 2000 at 14:35:22:

: I just found this site with what appears to be.....hmmmm. Never heard of these guys making one of these before though. Anybody else seen this?

: Brian K

I heard somewhere that Indy's jacket is a modified version of an old military jacket called the G7. I am assuming that this jacket IS the G7, but it is billed as the Indiana Jones jacket (what is going to sell more, "Here's a G7 bomber" or "Here's the jacket worn by Indiana Jones"?)

Still, it isn't right that the guy actually calls it the Indiana Jones jacket. I got a call from my friends a few nights ago before I got my jacket, and they told me that a shop in London burned down that made Indiana Jones memorabilia, and I corrected them and let them know that I wasn't gullible.

Anyway, when you get a Wested Raider's jacket, no matter WHAT fashion it is in, it is YOUR jacket, not Indy's. Sure it is in the MODEL used for the movies, but other than that it is YOURs, the same as any other jacket. HOWEVER if you buy an official jacket, it is an Indiana Jones jacket.
What we see here is a form of piracy, and we should write letters of concern to the gentleperson who is selling this to rename the jacket's model name to something similar, like the "Jones Jacket".

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]