Thanks for your help guys. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from 216-119-15-92.o1.jps.net on January 14, 2000 at 20:44:49:

In Reply to: Re: Noel Howard version posted by red four on January 14, 2000 at 13:53:46:

: : My Noel Howard is a bit too brown in my opinion. I have one with dark buttons (TOD or LC).

: : Does anyone know if the Raiders shirt is closer in colour - i.e. off white, to the original as worn in the movie.

: Hi,

: I have a Raiders shirt and it is a tan color, darker than the movies. From what I hear all the shirts from MBA are the same material, with the button color being the only variation.I think that it will fade to an off white color pretty quickly, as I'm sure happened with the movie shirts. The posts I've read about forum members visiting MBA costumes confirm that the shirt Noel Howard has (from Raiders?) is more tan in color than you might expect.

: I also have an LL Bean field shirt and 3 Filson feather cloth shirts, all of which have faded considerably, and were a darker tan than the Indy shirt to start with. If the Indy shirt fades at the same rate, it will be a good match for the movie color shortly.

: The Noel Howard shirt is expensive, but if you want an Indy shirt, it is the way to go. It is cut much slimmer than either the LL Bean or Filson shirts, which really captures the movie look. All the details are correct, so I believe that the off-white or grey appearance of the movie shirt is due to the costume being distressed, or to the lighting, or both. Compare the shirt in Crusade to the khaki pants belt he's wearing, the shirt will look darker after the comparison.

: Hope this helps both the original post and the follow-up I'm responding to,

: John D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: