Lest we forget....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ultraman Tiga from ts001d16.las-nv.concentric.net on January 15, 2000 at 03:46:53:

In Reply to: "Is that ya' final ansah!!??" posted by Ulla on January 14, 2000 at 18:50:36:

: : You did a great job on the list, bravo!
: : But, what is this about 007 being a knock off of the Indy films?
: : Being a James Bond and and Indiana Jones fan, I must bring up the point that 007 came out several decades before Indiana Jones was even envisioned. And wasn't it Steven Spielberg who wanted to direct a Bond film but was unable to, so he made Raiders of the Lost Ark with George Lucas? Oh well, good job on the list!

: That is totally true! I think the thing Indy and James have most in common is their unbeatable, down-to-earth, rugged good looks (aside from Mr Pettit, of course!!:-)
: When I speak of 007 in this way, I am speaking about NO OTHER THAN SEAN CONNERY.
: *shudders* to think that I was talking about GEORGE LAZENBY or, even worse, ROGER MOORE..........!!!!!!!!!!
: *YUCK*
: Adventurously,
: Ulla

The 007/Indiana connection is a strong one, and I never accused 007 of being a knockoff (did everyone miss the headers I put for each catergory? "The Exotic East" and so on?) That said, the only ones I accused of being rip offs were the Richard Chamberlain and Tony Antony movies!
: the Unique
: and Mystique

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: