Uh...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Impulse49 from look592685.ttg.internet.look.ca on January 16, 2000 at 16:16:17:

In Reply to: I think we know what you mean... posted by ROB T. on January 16, 2000 at 03:53:22:

: and I have to agree with you. Indy is an old-school kick ass hero and I don't want to see him turned into a 90's sensitive man.

I always thought that the cool thing about Indy was that he had trouble empathizing with others.

: It's like on the post below where everyone was talking about Indy being a nonsmoker. It's all well and good that Indy doesn't smoke but at the same time I don't want to see him turn to other characters and preach at them about how smoking causes cancer.

It could be summarized in a single quip. "Nasty habit", like in a recent James Bond movie.

: I don't want to see Indy suddenly give up alcohol or turn into one of those heroes who will only shoot to wound and not to kill or any crap like that. Give me our old, politically INcorrect ass kicker.

I don't agree. Indy doesn't have to go OUT of his way to be offensive. He's cool the way he is, and Indy wouldn't just kill someone for the heck if it, the way many action heroes seem to. He's only killed in self-defense.

Indy only kills when he has to, and in a desperate situation. I suppose it could be debated, especially with him shooting the swordsman in Raiders, but he wanted to find Marion before something happened to her, and didn't want to fool around. Besides, they attacked him.

I was quite horrified with James Bond, in the recent new film, shooting an UN-ARMED man! He didn't have to kill the guy; he had the element of surprise and the man he killed was already down from a kick to the face. A punch to the solar plexus would have done the job.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]