Re: hat & jacket

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from 216-119-34-216.o1.jps.net on January 16, 2000 at 19:26:21:

In Reply to: hat & jacket posted by benish on January 16, 2000 at 16:37:56:

1. The distressed jacket format has been reported to be a little TOO old looking. The color wears off and fades a lot, so it is not too highly recommended. It is probably best for you to take it out on a few of your adventures, and it should become distressed pretty soon. After all, you can look back on some of the scratchs on it and say, "Hey, I remember I got this mark when that Nazi shot me..." or something.

2. Both the Last Crusade jacket and the Temple of Doom are 1" longer than the Raiders one. Not too much of a difference. For more info, check out Wested Leather's Indy jacket page. It briefly describes the differences between all three jackets.

3. It can probably take up to 3 or 4 months to get the jacket to you, since they have to custom design it to your specifications. Maybe even depending on where you live in the USA, might help your chances of getting it faster.

4. I think the Stetson hats are the next closest thing to the Herbert Johnsons. I'm not too much of an expert in the fedora field, so maybe someone else can help out...

5. Most likely, the hat that you got for $70 is probably stiffer, the specifications are all wrong, the ribbon is wrong, and the color is darker than the originally made hats. I've got one of these right now, but I'm hoping to get a more expensive one soon. Again, another Indyfan can hopefully fill in for me a little bit more on this one.

Hope that helps you out a little bit.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]