Whoa! Talk about complete! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from sdn-ar-001vannewP022.dialsprint.net on January 17, 2000 at 05:09:04:

In Reply to: Finding humor in the seemingly non-humorous! REVISITED posted by bud-arc on January 16, 2000 at 20:54:34:

: I was reading some of the older posts and I noticed this subject on things that are funny, but not funny, so I thought I'd share my thoughts on my favorite funny Indy things. All these are from Temple of Doom, since I just saw it again today -- perhaps I'll send it my list for the other two movies once I see them again. Here they are in chronological order...the COMPLETE list of funny/non-funny things in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom:

: 1)Indy attempts to take a sip of the poison-spiked champagne and is knocked awkwardly by Willie, preventing Indy from drinking.

: 2)One of Lao Che's henchmen laughs a little too hard, and then throws a flaming stake through another guy's heart.

: 3)Willie handles the diamond carefully only to have it knocked 50ft out of her hands by a poisoned, desperate Indy.

: 4)The whole scene with Indy chasing, flying, and sliding through the floors trying to get the antidote.

: 5)The whole plane escape scene with the raft ducking trees in the snow and landing miles into a river of raging rapids.

: 6)The faces of the villagers as Willie attempts to mount the elephant.

: 7)Willie starts complaining that she's a singer and her voice gets all choked up and cracks.

: 8)The whole part with Willie being chased by jungle animals and Shorty and Indy catching each other cheating.

: 9)When Indy sees the snake and throws himself up against the rock.

: 10)Upon viewing the Snake Surprise, Shorty drops a bean out of his mouth.

: 11)The part when Indy and Willie are all lusty and Indy acts conceited, saying, "I'll let you know in the morning." Then Indy saying that he's not that easy, either.

: 12)While waiting for the 5 minutes, Indy checks his breath and sort of pauses as if it's really bad.

: 13)The Thuggee guard getting caught up in the fan by the whip.

: 14)Shorty all innocently starting the booby-traps.

: 15)Willie and the bugs, while Indy and Shorty are getting all squished. Then, when finally getting the door opened, she runs in screaming and drops the lantern and starts the whole spike device all over again.

: 16)When Indy takes the stones, and bows his head to the evil-looking snake on the statue of Kali.

: 17)When Indy throws a rock at the guard's head, with a direct hit, then feeling all satisfied with himself, turns around and is met my 10 Thuggees.

: 18)When Indy is approached by the menacing Thuggee with the blood of the Black Sleep, and he is not intimidated, instead Indy just says, "Hi."

: 19)The stuntdouble Shorty that scrawls up the rope like a spider, after pushing down the ladder.

: 20)When Indy is burned and snaps out of the Black Sleep, he grabs Shorty and winks at him, and the look on Shorty's face is hilarious.

: 21)When we know that Indy is back to normal, and we hear a couple of solid punches off-screen, and then a Thuggee is thrown across the floor.

: 22)When the Thuggee throws the hammer behind him and hits another guard on the head(who flinches even before the hammer hits him).

: 23)With his last strength, Indy dropkicks the Thuggee.

: 24)The fake Indy is thrown into the minecart like a sack of potatoes.

: 25)When Indy runs away and in mid-run arcs in pain when the voodoo doll is stabbed in the back.

: 26)Indy hits the Thuggee with a saw.

: 27)Indy hitting the guard on both sides with jugs and the guard dropping a rock on his own head.

: 28)Not sure whether he should call him Indy or Dr. Jones, Shorty decides to call him Dr. Indy.

: 29)The gay smile that Shorty and the Prince give each other, when Shorty says "Thank you".

: 30)Shorty blowing everybody away with a big stick.

: 31)In the mine cart chase, Indy easily rips the gun out of the Thuggee's grasp.

: 32)Indy slugging a guard on the minecart, missing, then he and Willie laugh, and he gets attacked again.

: 33)Indy's feet on fire, and he yells "Water, Water!" Then he sees the oncoming rush of water and he points and stumbles off.

: 34)The ILM effect of Indy, Shorty, and Willie looking all decrepit when the water gushes out of the hole.

: 35)Shorty assures Willie that the rope bridge is made of "strong wood". Then he falls through like an idiot.

: 36)Indy seeing the two swordsmen and reaching for his gun to shoot them down as in Raiders, but there is nothing there.

: 37)Indy yelling to scare off the guard, but then gets chased by 100 more guards.

: 38)Indy seeing no way out of his situation -- "Oh, shit"

: 39)Indy calling to Mola Ram, but it sounds like he's calling him a moron.

: 40)"Prepare to meet Kali - IN HELL!"

: Whew! That took a while. Stay tuned for my COMPLETE list for Raiders and Last Crusade.
: bud-arc

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]