Re: hat & jacket

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on January 17, 2000 at 08:50:24:

In Reply to: hat & jacket posted by benish on January 16, 2000 at 16:37:56:

: Hi. I have just recently been coming to Indyfan.com, though I have been a fan since the start of the whole thing. I have read several posts here and have the following questions:
: 1. in regards to the Wested jackets, how "distressed" are the distressed jackets? Does it look like a year or two old or like its 20 years old?

Surface is antique leather, i.e. it has a fine cracked finish. The predistressing puts some nice looking scuffs without damaging the leather. Timeline? Thats tough to say.

: 2. How long is the Last Crusade jacket compared to the Raiders jacket.

Somebody may contradict me, but I'm 99.99% certain. The LC and Raiders are the same length. I've owned a Raiders in a 48 Long and an LC in 48 Regular. According to Jerry and Peter at Wested, the Long runs 2 inches longer then the Regular. There is exactly 2 inches difference in the length of the jackets. Therefore, the LC and Raiders are the same length.

: 3. How long does it take to get the Wested jacket to the USA.

Varies - count on at leats 4 weeks from placing the order to seeing the jacket in the postal carrier's hands. Maybe faster in the Spring/Summer months, slower in the Fall/Winter.

: 4. Regarding the hats, assuming that I can't afford $300 for the HJ hat, which is the next closest looking hat? How does the Indiana Miller compare?

Cannot speak directly to this one.

: 5. What is the difference between the "authentic licensed" hat that I got for about $70 from Shushan's in New Orleans and these other hats? Material, color, or what?

The liscensed products surrounding the Indy trilogy tend to be the least authentic. Sad but true - this seems to be the rule of thumb around here.

: Thanks for your help gang.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]